Between 1890-1910, many coastal locations were refortified as part of the Endicott program. Three 6-inch disappearing guns were installed within the walls of Fort Gaines as a part of that program. This is a battery for two of those weapons, which were on the upper level of the structure.
Subscribe to website via Email
- JAMES H DAVIS September 27, 2019
- Frank December 21, 2018
- Sandra F Leigh September 10, 2018
- Mary STewart Sharp August 21, 2018
- Larry W. Cate April 16, 2018